Welcome Message

Welcome. Feel Free to comment on our works.

Monday 19 September 2011

Broken-hearted by Steve Kumalonje

With a bare 'huge' abdomen a village dweller says;
It was in Mulanje where I had one lovely Naje
Her tongue full of Lomwe
Who brought me happiness in Phalombe
Making me abandon my Ngonde
And so eased my pain in the tea estate

A veteran fish monger boasts;
Within the town of Mangochi was one unique Nachi
One with a deep taste of the Yao culture
Who could, with her antics, take me as far as Malindi
With those glittering beads around her
wriggling waist

Then chips in another, his mouth full of mkontho adour;
That bad road took me to Rumphi past Enukweni
Where by chance I met one slim mwanakazi around Phwezi
A very different one altogether
Not at all black like charcoal from Kaning'ina
Nor talkative like rumbling trucks going up Viphya
The only one I gave my all, kakutowa

Then in unison like a tritet they all sing;
But torn to pieces our hearts are
As these treasured possessions trekked to the city
To sell their exorbitant bodies cheaply
To prominent young and old individuals, the elite
At Kamba, Chigwiri and Luwinga so we're informed
Whilst we keep labouring and toiling for survival
Leaving us all speechless and centres of gossip.
A clear testimony she had met amazing anamkungwi










>>>>>>>Who is Steve Kumalonje?

No comments:

Post a Comment