Welcome Message

Welcome. Feel Free to comment on our works.

Saturday 5 November 2011

I Kill (with Pleasure) by Kwangu Henry Chirwa

I gladly confess I've killed.
Not one, not two, but many
Have died at my bloody hands.

I strike the enemies mostly at night
When darkness clothes the land in black,
For it is then when they annoy,
Stretching my limited temperament the most.

And oh the pleasure I feel,
Like a hunter who downs big game,
When I snuff out the buggers' lives!
They want my blood, I know.

Gladly I kill those who sneak close to me,
Singing a monotonous tone in my ear
Like young, bumbling lovers do
Who whisper to each other sweet nothings.

Without remorse I confess I've killed,
So don't you wonder when at night
I slip early into my net's safety,
For I am tired of killing
These blood sucking mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment