Welcome Message

Welcome. Feel Free to comment on our works.

Tuesday 3 July 2012

How Sweet is Chigumula? by Chilungamo Phiri


How sweet is Chigumula?
For I grace it every day,
In my mind
My walk,
My speech
Marred
Flawed, if not compensated for,

How sweet is Chigumula?
I don’t know,
Why is it that am compelled to go?
Compelled yes I am
By:
The passion for gold
Intensity of nature
A heart beset
The force


How sweet is Chigumula? 
You tell me,
For I’ve been many a time
But its only one sight I see
That one thing
That gracefully slices through the confines of my heart
That one thing that struts through my mind each time,
I hear Chigumula
How sweet is it?
Enough for a life time,
Suffices to illuminate my mouth
A whole host of flavours,
How sweet?
You shall never know until you find your own
Chigumula.







No comments:

Post a Comment