Welcome Message

Welcome. Feel Free to comment on our works.

Saturday 25 August 2012

Betrayal by Tawonga Collins Chilembo


Thunders tightened the situation
Cold breeze froze my body under the tree
Due to the ‘in vain’ turnout of Nankhoma
Eyes gazed the wristwatch
Counting each beat of a second
Nankho! To no avail
Thoughts turned me to the reminiscing time we shared together
What an innocent woman
Who used to soak her cheeks with tears
Lamenting her love.

Courage engulfed my heart
Strength gathered every muscle
Without beating the bush

Long steps on my way

As if one is on big walk
In no time I was on the door
The door of Nankho's hat
The pressure of a miss
Persuaded me to bang into without a knock
Ooops, Daniel, Daniel!
The only true friend I had
My go between
Aaah-aah-aah-Dan stammered
shut up-shut up the BETRAYAL...

No comments:

Post a Comment